Change was once a discrete event with a beginning, middle and end. At the end things got back to “normal.”
But today, change is a constant; multiple changes can happen simultaneously with no normal in sight. Changes can take companies - and the people in them - toward a successful future, into a limbo of change for changes’ sake, or into oblivion.
What makes the difference?
The successful organization is agile and responsive, much like a ship in open waters; it takes advantage of changes in the market, technology and process. And beyond that, knowing what change to make, building a high tolerance for change and understanding how to make it happen will give your company a major competitive advantage. Over the years we’ve seen changes succeed and changes fail. And there’s a common thread among those successful changes.
So for our second eBook we’ve pulled together the top 5 must-do tips to help ensure your change management is effective, including:
- Creating a strong argument for spending the time and dollars for an effective change management strategy
- Getting senior leaders to commit to doing what it will take to sponsor the change
- Accepting the fact that the change management process is not linear
- Engaging the entire project team in change management
- The importance of not just celebrating milestones with the project team
Believe it or not, change management can be smooth sailing. So come aboard and get the tips and techniques you need to steer your change to success.