How is developing change management competency different from creating organizational change capability?
We recently received an RFP from a global manufacturing organization interested in creating “change management” competency across the enterprise.
Our team attended a Q&A session. We were asked, “How is developing change management competency different from creating organizational change capability?"
In the video, I discuss this conversation in more detail and provide ten building blocks that are essential to creating real change management capability across any organization...
10 Building Blocks of Organizational Change Capability
- Establishing "Building Organizational Capability" as a major change project
- A clear, shared definition of the Desired State and an understanding of what "Organizational Change Capability" means
- The adoption of a proven change management methodology
- Change management competency development through training and application
- Implementing a competency development framework
- Successful implementation of "showcase projects"
- Measuring change management impact on project successes
- The establishment of change infrastructure and governance to support Targets, Change Agents, and Sponsors of change
- Continuous coaching and mentoring of Change Agents and
- Alignment of change management metrics and organizational performance